IT: Week of 12/27/16
Welcome to a special edition of Intelligent Tuesday, from the people behind The Five Minute Journal and Productivity Planner. This Intelligent Tuesday is a Best of the Year list of resources that has enhanced our lives. We want to share these with you to spread joy, productivity, and self-fulfillment as we wish you all the best for the New Year!
- Article (5 minutes) - The Simple Plan to Read More by Shane Parrish: Wish you had more time to read more books? In this quick article by one of our favorite writers, Shane Parrish, he shares a simple plan to read more books and eliminate anxiety about tackling long, classic works.
- Article (2 Minutes) - Stop saying “Sorry” and say “Thank You” instead: It’s easy to say sorry and apologize for a host of things that are not your fault. This short comic by artist Yao Xiao shows how to turn a sorry into a thank you.
- Video (7 Minutes) - Denali: A heartfelt reminder that "when someone you love walks through the door - even if it happens five times a day - you should go totally insane with joy". Note: watch this one somewhere you don't mind getting teary-eyed.
- Article (5 Minutes) - Google’s former happiness guru developed a three-second brain exercise for finding joy: A quick reminder of the importance of stopping to smell the roses. Plus, who doesn't want advice from someone who earned the job title of "Jolly Good Fellow (Which Nobody Can Deny)" at Google?
- Book (68 pages): Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It by Kamal Ravikant: What would you do and how would you act if you were deeply in love with yourself? In this short book by Silicon Valley investor Naval Ravikant, he shares how despite millions of dollars, friends, and impressive accomplishments he was super unhappy and how the simple act of loving himself more (with a simple technique anyone can do) transformed everything.